Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Big Reveal!!!

Other titles I was throwing around "We are done minus the hours of painting!" or We did it and will never do it again!" and "Next time we will just move!". 

So here it is, after all the dust, holes in the floor, floors not turning out right, painting (still not done)...THE KITCHEN!!!!
Yes, I painted my table blue.  It had a burn spot in the center and I don't think I would have ever gotten it out.  I like it but I am not sure about how durable it is.  Time will tell.  I have another product that I will try on it but there is so much other painting on all of the trim and baseboards so it will be awhile before I get back to it.

I love the fridge!

My favorite area!
This counter and cabinet space did not exist before.  It used to be oven and fridge.  Now it is a great working spot and the door to the right is the new pantry.  We used a classic, white subway tile in matte finish.  And don't know if you can tell but I chose the larger, curvier handles.  I can identify with them more than long and skinny option:)
So we went from this...
to this...

And from the other direction, we went from this...

to this...


The half wall is gone and I can't believe how open it feels.  I also decided against a hanging light pendant over the table and I am glad we did that.  It helps make the space fell much more airy and larger.
This is my other favorite thing we did.  We transformed this fireplace wall from this...
to this!
I am planning on painting the backs of the shelves and the brass.  I know it doesn't make sense to put stuff on the shelves if they aren't quite done but I needed some normalcy and it will be a few weeks before I get to it.

Over all this remodel went very well.  Yes, it was dirty, dusty, hard to cook and impossible to clean but so worth it! 
We did have one snag or on a more positive note we broke in our kitchen (literally).


We found out that lighter colored granite with more veining is more fragile.  But they were able to glue it and it should be stronger now.

Good as new!

So there you have it.  We love it and every time I walk in there it makes me smile.  Now we need to have everyone over to show it off! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment